is our large, stationary, through-the-roof evaporative cooling system proven to be very effective in maintaining cow comfort and high milk production levels during even the hottest days in extremely hot and arid climates, such as the US Southwest and the Middle East.
SuperCoolers are typically deployed in dairies with high roofs that are protected from the prevailing wind and sun with shade curtains. Rows of SuperCoolers are installed down both sides of a peaked roof dairy facility, typically at 20’ spacings. A single SuperCooler cools an area of up to 1,000 square feet, or enough area for 12 to 15 cows, depending on cow density.
Features and Benefits:
- 54" diameter G90 galvanized housings (stainless steel housings optional)
- Large radius fiberglass inlet and outlet flanges for maximum air flow with UV protective gel-coat finish for long life
- Gear drive configuration
- 5 hp, 3-phase motor; TEFC/Class F
- 54" diameter, high efficiency, 5-wing cast aluminum blade
- Approximately 35,000 total cfm
- 5-ring, 16-stage, 300 psi stainless steel misting system
- Control System and Mist System manage up to 36 SuperCoolers and the integrated shade curtains, with variable mist (variable cooling) over a temperature range from 77°F (25°C) to 113°F (45°C) for maximum cooling without ground wetting
- Environmental inputs include ambient temperature, relative humidity, wind speed and rain
- Control System utilizes a Wi-Fi network for communication between the PLC, the main office computer, and an optional SCADA-based smart phone app to allow control and maintenance of the system from remote and local locations
- Control System has an open architecture. Replacement parts are readily available from Schaefer or local industrial control suppliers.
For more information on SuperCooler Dairy Cooling System contact the Customer Care Center at 1.800.779.3267.